Plasma skin tightening is a new trending cosmetic procedure to enhance your skin with long-lasting results.
Plasma Pen ‘fibro blasting’ is a highly versatile and non-surgical procedure that is highly effective in wrinkle smoothing and tightening of the skin.
Plasma skin tightening can treat, repair, lift and rejuvenate any area of the skin to drastically improve and brighten skin tone, elasticity, and texture, significantly tighten loose skin and dramatically reduce and plump up lines and wrinkles.
But what is it you ask?
Fibro blast (Collagen Induction Therapy) is an amazing non-invasive skin treatment that uses a pen-like device to help improve the overall health of the skin, paying much-needed attention to collagen and elastin induction as well as improving sun-damaged skin.
In our Health and Skincare (Aesthetics) course, this is one of the favorite subjects that all the students are always eager to start learning.
How does The Plasma Pen work?
The Plasma Pen handpiece converts electrical energy into electrostatic energy which is transmitted to the applicator tip (probe) by impulse. The device creates an electrical discharge between two electrodes separated by an insulating dielectric barrier. A charge collects on the surface of the barrier and discharges a flash of plasma via the 0.4mm probe within millionths of a second.
Using a continuous direct energy source, the flavoring of nitrogen and oxygen in the air creates a plasma gas.
What areas can be treated?
Any area on the face / body that needs skin tightening.
- Sagging eyelids and under eyes for lines and wrinkles.
- Frown lines and bunny lines on nose.
- Brow lift or correction.
- Crow’s feet.
- Ear folds or hollow temples.
- Acne scars or any other scars.
- Upper lip like “Smokers lines” or correcting drooping lips.
- Marionette lines and Jowls.
- Cheeks and Jawline.
- Loose skin on Neck and chest.
- Midi or Full facelift.
- Hands, arms, legs, knees.
- Tightening skin on stomach like after a pregnancy.
An example of before, during and after plasma on the forehead:
What to expect on the day of the treatment?
- No makeup to be applied on the treatment area.
- You may take an antihistamine 60 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling.
- You may continue to take antihistamines or anti-inflammatories for 2-3 days following your appointment.
- A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 20-25 minutes after which the treatment starts with the plasma pen creating the dots spaced closely together.
- You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. But most generally clients don’t feel the treatment being done.
- Treatment time is usually between 20-60 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
- Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots).
- The carbon crusts will lift within 4 -8 days depending on the individual and area treated.
- You may experience a sensation like a sunburn which will likely last an hour or two.
- Swelling may appear over the following few hours but more so when eyes are treated and may last 3-4 days.
- Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
- After the treatment you will be given thorough aftercare/ homecare instructions to ensure that you see the best results.
- In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used.
- Avoid alcohol-based cleansers until the area has healed.
- Results typically between 3-4 years.