What is mobile massage?
Mobile massage is a type of massage service that takes a traditional massage directly to the comfort of the client’s home, office, or in a corporate setting. The therapist uses portable equipment – ranging from portable massage chairs and portable massage tables.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, remote working, distance learning, telehealth and e-commerce boomed, people realised that almost anything can get done anywhere, so why not have a massage in the comfort of your own home? Humans need touch and we soon realised the benefits and convenience of receiving a massage at home. We offer MASSAGE THERAPY / MASSAGE TECHNOLOGY COURSES which will empower you to start your own business.
Starting a Mobile Massage Business – What does It take?
Interests or skills:
- Massage therapy skills, education.
- Interest in health, muscle therapy, nutrition.
- Organisation skills.
- Physical ability to provide multiple massages/day.
- Time Management.
We offer a host of different massage techniques in our MASSAGE THERAPY / MASSAGE TECHNOLOGY COURSES. You can learn different massage techniques such as Swedish, hot stone, bamboo, calabash, Indian head, Lomi Lomi, stress massage and reflexology to name a few.
Benefits of Mobile massage
- Lower overhead costs than renting space, save on electricity, and water and rent.
- No additional out-of-pocket costs to owners who might require a percentage of your income. (Work for yourself)
- Flexible hours- determine your own hours, making this ideal for someone who is family orientated etc.
- Endless outcall opportunities such ass catering for: Senior citizens, chronically ill, Hospice patients, disabled individuals, accident victims, athletes, new and expected moms, events, and travellers/tourists.
A mobile massage therapist must have a reliable vehicle and a flexible schedule. With an open mind and some creativity, you can make a positive difference for others as well as yourself.