When searching for the latest trends in skincare, Tweakments seem to be at the top of the list. But what is a Tweakment? And how does it benefit the skin?
Tweakments are non-surgical cosmetic procedures like fillers, Botox, laser treatments, or skin peels, that can make small but significant changes to the face or the body. The word tweakment is a play on the words “tweak” and “treatment”.
In the last couple of years, we’ve seen the emergence of this trend in SOMATOLOGY / HEALTH AND SKINCARE – BEAUTY AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY – AESTHETICS – COSMETOLOGY salons and spas. These treatments started as a result of many people looking for ways in which they can improve on things about themselves that they don’t like, but without having surgery. These clients want to enhance their look while wanting it to look natural and in return still look and feel like themselves. It is not a massive transformation, just a little tweak here and there.
Tweakments include Botox, laser treatments, or skin peels which make small but significant changes to the face or the body. In the early days of tweakments, SOMATOLOGY / HEALTH AND SKINCARE – BEAUTY AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY – AESTHETICS – COSMETOLOGY practitioners viewed tweakments as anti-aging measures and were mainly aimed at an older audience. These days fillers are increasingly being used for enhancing faces of any age for example to boost a lip shape and cheek definition for young women, or creating a more balanced jawline for men of all ages.
Which tweakments are used for which face problem? Here is a suggested recipe for a fresher’s face:
- Drinkie-relaxing toxins such as Botox – To soften deep frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Fillers – To replace lost volume in cheeks, lips, and temples and adjust facial asymmetry.
- Medical Needling, lasers, radio frequency devices, or moisturizing injections – To make the skin’s texture smoother
- Laser or light treatments – Reduce the signs of pigmentation marks, clear thread veins, improve the look of large pores, and reduce skin blemishes.
- Chemical peels – Reduce the signs of pigmentation marks, clear thread veins, improve the look of large pores, and reduce skin blemishes.
- Radiofrequency devices – Improve skin firmness and stimulate collagen growth.
Which tweakment will you opt for in 2023?