Hair removal is probably one of our least favorite beauty rituals but what are the intricacies that go along with wax? Believe it or not, there are (plenty of) dos and don’ts after waxing (and pre-appointment, too!). Waxing can be an effective method of hair removal, but some women are put off from waxing because of the recommended before and after precautions. However, if you follow these carefully, you’ll get the most out of your wax, and your skin will remain healthy too. In the study of HEALTH AND SKINCARE / SOMATOLOGY / BEAUTY AND NAILS / HAIR AND BEAUTY / COSMETOLOGY, we learn that it’s essential to follow certain dos and don’ts to ensure a successful and comfortable experience.
Here’s a handy guide:
- Do Exfoliate Before Waxing
- Do Ensure Hair Length is Appropriate
- Do Test Wax Temperature
- Do Cleanse the Skin
- Do Use Proper Waxing Techniques
- Do Hold the Skin Taut
- Do Apply Pressure After Waxing
- Do Moisturize After Waxing
- Do Wear Loose Clothing
- Do Plan Regular Maintenance
- Don’t Wax Broken or Irritated Skin
- Don’t Sunbathe Immediately After Waxing
- Don’t Wax if Using Certain Medications
- Don’t Wax Right Before Menstruation
- Don’t Overheat Wax
- Don’t Wax Immediately After a Shower
- Don’t Scratch or Exfoliate Immediately After Waxing
- Don’t Use Harsh Products
- Don’t Wax if Pregnant.
- Don’t Overdo It
By following these dos and don’ts, you can help ensure a successful and comfortable waxing experience. Should you wish to study HEALTH AND SKINCARE / SOMATOLOGY / BEAUTY AND NAILS / HAIR AND BEAUTY / COSMETOLOGY, you will learn that for safety purposes, should you be unsure or have specific concerns, consider seeking professional advice or consulting with a licensed esthetician.